We have several cashmere items in our Jet&Bo product range such as the ‘Make Travel Luxurious Again’ Cashmere Travel Set, ‘Dream Envy’ Cashmere Eye Mask and ‘So Soft, So Smart’ Cashmere Travel Wrap and wanted to share how to best look after these so they last a long, long time.
Using Your Cashmere for the First Time
When you first use your new cashmere item you may find small balls of fiber or 'pills' forming on the surface. These are not a fault but are simply loose fibers tangling together where the garment has been rubbing. They can easily be removed by hand or with a cashmere de-pilling comb (we recommend The Laundress New York Sweater Comb. Once removed, your garment will actually consolidate and become softer.
Handwashing and Dry-cleaning
- Cashmere can be hand washed or dry-cleaned
- We recommend hand washing the smaller items like socks, eye masks and pillow cases and dry cleaning the larger items such as wraps and blankets
- Hand wash in lukewarm water (35°C) using a cashmere shampoo (we recommend using The Laundress Wool & Cashmere Shampoo.
- Gently squeeze the suds through the fabric, taking care not to rub the garment too much as this may cause shrinkage and increase pilling
- Rinse the garment in cool clean water, squeezing gently without twisting or wringing
- Smooth the cashmere item back into shape and dry naturally away from direct heat such as radiators and sunlight
- Ideally the cashmere item should be dried flat on a clean towel. When dry, press lightly with a cool iron
- Never tumble-dry cashmere
If you follow these instructions, you’ll ensure your cashmere items preserve their shape and luxurious touch for many years.