Earn air miles with Uber! For some people Uber is now a common part of their week, for others Uber may be used when traveling. Uber has been growing relationships with airlines and hotels and this means you can benefit by earning air miles and points for your Uber rides. Here's how:
- Buy Uber eGift cards through the United MileagePlus X App to earn United air miles
- You buy the eGift card and then enter the code in the Uber App so it’s applied to your account
- The current earn rate at the time of writing is 1 mile per $1 spent
Link your Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG*) account to your Uber account to earn SPG points
- After you have linked your accounts and have one qualifying stay at an SPG property you will be eligible to earn SPG points on your Uber spend
- You will earn 1 SPG point for every $1 spent with Uber and if you are staying at a Starwood property at the time you are using Uber, you’ll earn 2 SPG points for every $1 spent
- Use your American Express card to pay for your ride
- While this is not a direct way to earn air miles from your spend with Uber, American Express offers 2 x Membership Rewards* points (instead of the usual 1 x point) for Uber spend on their cards
If you prefer using the car service Lyft, you can also earn air miles. Lyft has partnered with Delta, and all you have to do is link your Lyft and Delta accounts. You’ll earn 1 Delta air mile for every $1 spent on Lyft rides.
When earning air miles and points is as easy as hailing a ride, it just makes sense to do it!